|Q: 7: What are the rules for betting with Paddy Power?|
|1. Customers who declare residency in the UK / Isle of Man are registered and transacting with Power Leisure Bookmakers Limited. Customers from outside the UK / Isle of Man are registered and transacting with Paddy Power Isle of Man Limited. Both Power Leisure Bookmakers Limited and Paddy Power Isle of Man Limited are wholly owned subsidiaries of Paddy Power Plc.|
2. You must be over 18 to register. The right to void any wagers with minors is retained. Paddy Power reserves the right to request proof of age documentation from any customer at any time.
3. It is the responsibility of each individual customer to ensure that their own local, national or state laws allow them to place bets.
4. Each customer will choose their own confidential username and password. These should be kept confidential by the customer as all transactions where a customer's username and password have been correctly entered will be regarded as valid, provided it meets the other criteria for placing a bet as laid down in these rules.
5. It is the responsibility of each customer to ensure that all personal details are current, up to date, and match the details that the bank have on file as failure to do so may result in bets being declined, payments being issued incorrectly or suspension of the account.
6. The minimum account deposit is €10 or GBP£10. Interest is not payable on account balances.
7. The customer can choose which currency is most convenient for him to manage his account in from the following list: Pound Sterling - GBP or Euro EUR. (We should have multi-currency available shortly).
8. Customers may only bet up to the amount held within the account. The minimum and maximum bet per selection is determined exclusively by Paddy Power and are detailed on screen. Paddy Power reserves the right to accept or decline the whole or part of any proposed bet.
9. Bets must be made on-line at the website. Bets placed by any other medium will be void win or lose.
10. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that all the details of their bets are correct so it is in the interest of the Customer to ensure that they have enough time in which to place the bet. Once the transaction has been confirmed bets cannot be cancelled by the customer.
11. Each bet will be given an individual number as confirmation of the transaction. However, bets will be valid, subject to meeting the criteria for placing a bet laid down in these rules, if accepted by the Paddy Power Transaction Server, whether or not the customer receives the transaction code.
12. Bets are accepted up to the off-time of the event or a pre-determined time whichever the earlier. Paddy Power reserves the right to void any bet inadvertently accepted after the betting has closed or where the event was resolved or at a stage where the customer could have any indication of the outcome.
13. In the event of there being a dispute over the time at which a bet was placed then the time at which it was recorded on the transactional log will govern the settlement.
14. We cannot allow for mistakes, nor accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in respect of the announcing, publishing, or marking of prices, runners, times or result, despite every effort to ensure their accuracy. Paddy Power reserves the right to correct any obvious errors.
15. If there are any blatant errors in prices transmitted bets will be settled at the correct price at the time of acceptance or the Starting Price (where applicable) whichever is the greater. We also reserve the right to void any bets where there has been a blatant error in prices.
16. In order to control our liabilities, we reserve to notify and close down any duplicate accounts. We also reserve the right to refuse the whole or part of any bet without explanation.
17. Bets placed by UK registered customers are subject to the tax rate laid down by the British Government. This is currently 15% tax on gross profits. Bets placed by non-UK residents are subject to the tax rate laid down by the Isle of Man authorities. Paddy Power may choose to pay some or all of this tax liability. In the event of introduction of new taxes or levies, Paddy Power may choose not to pay this levy for the customers, meaning the customer would be liable.
18. All winnings will be credited to the customers account. All payments made to a customer will be made to the same Debit or Credit card used to deposit monies with Paddy Power. In the event of this not being possible payments will be made by cheque in accordance with the billing details the bank have registered to that card. It is prohibited to set up an account using a credit/debit card that is not registered to the Account holder.
19. Any concern over a bet claim should first be e-mailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to ensure to resolve the matter in a mutually satisfactory manner. However, if you still feel that you have been unfairly treated your dispute should be submitted to IBAS (a UK adjudication service managed by the Mirror Group and supported by SIS) or The Punter's Platform (an Irish adjudication service managed by The Evening Herald). If you wish to contact IBAS, email: email@example.com or write to: IBAS, PO Box 44781, London, SW1W OWR. Paddy Power agree to be bound by any decision reached by the arbitrator, so long as the full facts have been submitted by both sides.
20. All results will be as published and confirmed by the Press Association, excluding errors and omissions, unless otherwise stated in our rules.
21. Not all participants are quoted in outright markets for some events. However, a price is available for all entries or outcomes in any event. If you wish to bet on an unnamed selection please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to add this selection to the market.
22. Unless otherwise stipulated in our rules bets will stand whether or not the selection takes part in the event, unless the event itself does not take place.
23. Paddy Power reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Any such revision will be binding and effective immediately on posting of notification of such rule changes on the web site.
24. On occasion the prices/specials available on www.paddypower.com may not be the same as those prices/specials available at Paddy Power outlets or on Paddy Power Dial-a-Bet and vice versa.
25. Any bets reduced by a void, abandoned or postponed event will stand for the remaining selections irrespective of the minimum requirements of that event.
26. In all cases where the term void is used within these rules, settlement will be as follows: Single bets - stakes will be refunded. Multiple bets - void selections will be treated as non-runners within the bet.
27. Non-Runners - Stakes will be refunded on players or teams withdrawn prior to the start of an event. We reserve the right to deduct the equivalent of Tattersalls Rule 4(c) to reflect returning stakes on Non-Runners.
28. In the event of a change of venue or opponents from that advertised, all bets for that event are void.
29. Sports bets will be settled on the first official result declared by the sport’s governing body, subsequent disqualifications will be ignored for settlement purposes.
Return To Main Help Page
If you can’t find a solution to your query in this section please contact our Customer Services department:
Email: email@example.com or by
Phone: Ireland: 1800 238 888
UK: 08000 565 275
Rest of World: +353 1 404 0120.