As a responsible operator, Paddy Power has to confirm that all users of our service are over 18 years of age. In addition, to protect our customers from identity theft we also need to confirm that customers are the genuine owner of the card used to make their deposits.
To make this process as simple as possible for our customers, we utilise a number of electronic checks to confirm your age and identity. Unfortunately, these checks are not perfect and we cannot validate 100% of our customers electronically. This is not the fault of you the customer, but a limitation of the databases we use.
In some cases we may contact some of our customers to help finalise activation of your Paddy Power account. In doing so, we will ask that you send us some documents to verifiy your details.
- Proof of address, e.g. Bank Statement/Utility Bill (you can black out any transactional data if you wish to keep these completely private)
- Photo ID (passport or drivers licence clear with all details visible)
- The front and back of your registered card (you can block out all details apart from the last four digits of your card and your name)
What format you should send your documents in:
Sometimes documents are so big that they don't actually reach us! This is the last thing we want, so we have included some helpful tips for you:
1. If you are scanning your documents, or taking a picture the file type is generally big. A good rule is to change the type of file that it is. This will make the document smaller in size, but really helps. Try and save your documents as JPEGs or GIFs.
2. You can select the file type by clicking on 'file' - 'save as'. This will give you a screen where you can select the 'file type' from the drop down menu at the end. Your document will be called the name you chose, but will have at the end: .jpg or .gif for the two file types we mentioned above.
How to send your documents to us:
- Many of our customers simply take a digital photograph of these documents and send them to us in an email.
- Alternatively, if you have access to a scanner you can email us scanned copies. Please email photographs/scans to email@example.com
- You can also fax them to: UK: 0845 280 1654, IRL: 01 686 4985, INT: 00353 1 686 4985.
- Or you can take a picture on your phone and send them as a MMS to +353 (0) 83 3333 250 (Republic of Ireland customers only)
In accordance with the data protection act your documents will be entirely safe. We store this data internally on a private system which is not connected to any external networks to which access is strictly controlled.
We hope you understand that we value the security of all our customers here at Paddy Power and must adhere to strict security procedures for all accounts.