Independent Betting Adjudication Service - I.B.A.S
The Independent Betting Adjuduication Service are an authoritative, totally independent third party, offering adjudication for customers who have an unresolved betting dispute with their bookmaker. Paddy Power is a registered I.B.A.S. bookmaker.
· To guarantee impartiality and fairness to both parties.
· To look at each case independently
· To adjudicate each case on its merits, taking into account bookmakers' rules
· To manage a comprehensive, up-to-date register of bookmakers who as members, have declared an intention to abide by I.B.A.S. rulings on betting disputes.
· To maintain a panel of experts (unconnected with the bookmaking industry) possessing the necessary experience and understanding to provide authoritative arbitration.
· To give the appropriate amount of care and attention to all disputes.
· To ensure confidentiality regarding all communications at all times during the arbitration process.
Disputes are referred to the service via a standard I.B.A.S. arbitration form on which full details of the dispute should be provided. I.B.A.S. does not under any circumstances rule on disputes in person or over the telephone.
Procedure For Ruling On A Disputed Bet
Only when the I.B.A.S. Service Manager is completely satisfied that all other methods of resolving a dispute have been exhausted, will their panel be instructed to offer their adjudication. To request an arbitration form calls the I.B.A.S. number, available 24 hours a day - +44 (0) 20 7881 2690. On receipt of the form, the Service Manager will if he considers it appropriate, refer the dispute to the I.B.A.S. panel for adjudication. On completion of the panel's adjudication, both parties will be informed in writing of the decision.
All bookmakers operating within I.B.A.S. are registered with the service and have declared an intention to abide by an I.B.A.S. ruling. Any bookmaker registered who fails to fulfil that commitment will be removed from the register.
Contact I.B.A.S. at:
P.O. Box 62639
Telephone: +44 207 347 5883